Tuesday, November 27, 2007

.004 Session 4

1. What did you get out of this particular lesson?

2. Have you ever found yourself bruised by an experience in the church? How did you respond? Do you think that you’ve been fully healed and restored in that area?

3. Margaret writes, “No matter what causes the pain to surface, I believe its presence is actually a gift from the God who redeems. The pain acts as a wake-up call that it is time to begin the process of healing, repentance and forgiveness. The pain asks us to make a leap of faith—that no matter what has happened, nothing is beyond God’s redeeming power. He can heal the deepest wounds. He can restore the most messed-up lives. He can reach into the darkest corners of our past and shine his redeeming light.” In what ways, have you found this statement to be true? Are there any areas in your life where the pain is serving as a wake-up call from God?

2 comments:

fotchgirl said...

My daughter just got her first job. I have been making is seem such a big deal to be able to tithe! We keep talking about all the areas to give. "Where are you going to give you $10 this week?" I ask her. Ya, it's only $10, but I make it seem really fun and exciting to choose where it can go. I ask her to pray and see where God wants it. Right now she is going to support her friends going on a missionary choir tour, which she can't attend because of cheerleading (darn it) I pray God will give her a joyful heart to give and not one of obligation.

fotchgirl said...

I have to say giving has been hard for me. Luckily my husband has the gift of giving and no matter my heart, we are giving away a lot no matter what! I have started to just get excited about all the areas we can give.

With the economy so bad, I know God has given us a task to fill in where those who can not. I do get fearful and my natural tendency is to store up for myself. I am thankful that my husband is not falling for Satan's schemes. We are giving generously and although I don't know what tomorrow holds, I will not regret following in obedience today.