Tuesday, November 27, 2007

.004 Session 4

1. What did you get out of this particular lesson?

2. Have you ever found yourself bruised by an experience in the church? How did you respond? Do you think that you’ve been fully healed and restored in that area?

3. Margaret writes, “No matter what causes the pain to surface, I believe its presence is actually a gift from the God who redeems. The pain acts as a wake-up call that it is time to begin the process of healing, repentance and forgiveness. The pain asks us to make a leap of faith—that no matter what has happened, nothing is beyond God’s redeeming power. He can heal the deepest wounds. He can restore the most messed-up lives. He can reach into the darkest corners of our past and shine his redeeming light.” In what ways, have you found this statement to be true? Are there any areas in your life where the pain is serving as a wake-up call from God?

3 comments:

Jen said...

This chapter is very helpful, I'm there now.

Haven't been able to explain what's going on. I try but...

This helps.

Margaret Feinberg said...

I'm glad it's an encouragement!

fotchgirl said...

My husband abandoned me and my two girl under 2 in 1990. God desinged me as a people person and I have loved to lead small groups of women,whatever I can't help it, God gave me the gift of wisdom in leading small group bible studies and teaching women. (All the praise due to Him alone) My talent and gift was stripped of me by a bible study group I was attending. Now that I was DIVORCED I was no longer useful to them. I could make copies or do behind the scene jobs only. Not only was I taking the place of somone who actually had the gift of service, It felt as a down-grade to me because IT WASN'T MY GIFTING!

I left the bible study and for the past 17 years have now grown in my bible study teaching and leading to all areas of women. God is good, people make mistakes